Thursday, June 2, 2022

Emily recommends "I Found You"

I listened to the eAudiobook version of “I Found You” by Lisa Jewell on the OverDrive app. I just plugged my phone into my car and listened as I would drive. I don’t usually read suspenseful dramas/mysteries, but this audiobook was listened to in high numbers last year in Macomb/Clinton Township. I was curious so I decided to give it a try and branch out from what I usually read, which is romance. If you like suspenseful mysteries or scary books, I think you’ll like this one! This book is for adults only. I really liked the narrator of this audiobook too. Did I like this book overall, personally? I really prefer romances where scary things like these don’t usually happen, but I was trying to read outside of my comfort zone. So, I got what I was looking for in this situation. With that being said, I listened to the whole audiobook because the story kept me interested. The story did switch between present day and the past. The big mystery was revealed at the end and it was definitely sick and twisted. If you’re into that stuff give this book a try. This book includes topics on assault crimes and murder, so if you don’t want to read about that, just skip this book.

 

No comments: