Friday, March 5, 2021

Natalie recommends "A Promised Land"


In the stirring, highly anticipated first volume of his presidential memoirs, Barack Obama tells the story of his improbable odyssey from young man searching for his identity to leader of the free world, describing in strikingly personal detail both his political education and the landmark moments of the first term of his historic presidency--a time of dramatic transformation and turmoil-- Provided by publisher.

I picked this book up because it sounded like an interesting read and I do enjoy a good biography from time to time. I felt that this would be an interesting book to hop into, even though I would not consider myself a political person. This isn't a memoir solely focused on politics, as it does provide information from Obama's younger years, but it does provide a solid insight in to his early political years and first term from his perspective. It's a longer read, but one that I would recommend if you're interested or curious.  I can say that I've learned a few things that I hadn't known prior to reading this. This autobiography can be found in our Adult section in both regular and large print.

No comments: