Saturday, October 17, 2020

Natalie recommends "The Meaning of Mariah Carey"


Every now and then I'll read a biography as they can be interesting reads.  Mariah Carey, while I can't say I've listened to everything song she's released, is an artist that I do enjoy from time to time.  "All I Want for Christmas" being a rather nostalgic song for me.  So when I found out we had this, I thought I'd give it a read.

While it does dabble in her music career some, this autobiography does discuss her childhood and some of the struggles that came with it.  In her home life, and growing up as a child of a white mother and a black father during the her school years.  As someone who wasn't as familiar with her childhood, or some of the stuff she has faced, I found this enlightening and pretty interesting.  It also goes talks about parts of her life throughout the years.  I also really enjoyed how throughout the book she included lyrics as they fit for each chapter.

As someone who enjoys a good biography, and did learn a few things from this, I would recommend this book.  It does bounce around once or twice as far as timeframe, but it's an interesting read from the perspective of Mariah Carey.  We have a copy at all three branches and it can be found in our Adult Biography section.

No comments: