Thursday, January 5, 2023

Natalie recommends "Unmasking Autism: Discovering the New Faces of Neurodiversity"


"A deep dive into the spectrum of Autistic experience and the phenomenon of masked Autism, giving individuals the tools to safely uncover their true selves while broadening society's narrow understanding of neurodiversity"-- Provided by publisher.

Starting of the new year with a recommendation with one of my favorite books from last year. I picked up this book because I was drawn to it's approach and found myself relating to a number of the things the author talks about. As someone who was diagnosed with autism around my preteen/early teen years, some of the topics Devon Prince talks about were things that I myself have felt. Thoughts I used to have and things that I would like to work on. I also found myself learning more things and hearing the author's story along the way was nice.  

Overall, it's a good read on autism, masking, and insight on the condition. And while it may not be as relatable for you as it was for me, it is still a book I would recommend for anyone looking for a book on autism and experiences you might not have known about.


Adult

No comments: