Monday, April 11, 2022

Natalie recommends "The Power of the Dog"


As someone who doesn't particularly read or watch westerns, this sounded like a curious read. I decided to pick the book up around the time I caught the Netflix movie adaptation, which I ended up checking out after a recommendation on one of my socials. I really enjoyed the movie and took my time reading the book.  

This is the story of the Burbank brothers, who, in a lot of ways, are opposites. When George marries Rose Gordon, a widow, she and her son Peter find themselves the target of Phil's torment. But not everything is as it seems and beneath the surface secrets and strengths are revealed. Not every book should be judged by it's cover as the story goes on.  

While maybe not a book for everyone, this is a book I would recommend giving a read. The nuances and descriptions are things I found interesting.  

ADULT

No comments: