Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Jamie recommends "Bossypants"

Cover image Cover image

Admittedly I am a fan of Tina Fey. She is smart and funny with a sense of humor that can be biting and absurd; I was looking forward to her autobiography, Bossypants, and I was not disappointed. From almost the first page I was literally laughing out loud while reading it. She chronicles moments in her life beginning with her childhood, through her days in Chicago and nights at Saturday Night Live to today with her show 30 Rock and guest appearance on Saturday Night Live. If you like her humor you will definitely enjoy her book. There are many laughs combined with serious moments that you’re not quite sure you should take seriously because, after all, this is Tina Fey. If you’re looking for a light read filled with humor, this is the book for you. I’d follow it up by checking out a season of 30 Rock just to keep the laughs coming.

2 comments:

E said...

I listened to this book on audio (it's read by Tina Fey) and found it hilarious! Highly recommended. I also had some good laughs listening to Chelsea Handler's "Are you there vodka? It's me Chelsea." Keep in mind though, Handler's humor is much more raunchy than Fey's.

CMPL Staff said...

The Chelsea Handler book is on my list of light summer reads as well. I'm glad to hear it was a good one.