Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Juliane recommends "Whacked"

I didn't know what to expect from a novel written by Jules Asner (formerly an E! news reporter) but I was pleasantly hooked through much of her work. I would recommend this book to those who enjoy chick lit with a smart, witty edge. The book follows the ups and downs of Dani Hale a television writer in Hollywood who is struggling to find the good guy, gorgeous house, and an enviable career. Asner's novel reveals a lot about Hollywood quirks and obsessions. I especially got a kick out of the characters' references to Steven Soderbergh since Jules Asner is married to Soderbergh. There's not much to the plot of the story, it's more of a voyeuristic escapade for the reader. And I did not predict the ending, which left me a little unsettled and (dare I say) out of whack!

No comments: