Thursday, December 13, 2007

Juliane recommends "Taking the Long Way"

I have surprised myself with how much I like this album. Traditionally, I have not been inclined to listen to country music, but after watching the documentary on the Dixie Chicks, "Stand Up and Sing" I decided to listen to this album. This might be cliché, but I enjoy the folksy sound of the country instruments, such as the twangy fiddle or plucky banjo. The melody, when paired with the thoughtful lyrics makes for a stand-out album.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Not Ready to Make Nice is one of my favorite songs and I am not a country person.

Anonymous said...

I also love this CD. I've loved all the previous CDs, but this one has some really wonderful songs from kick up your heels country to softer ballads.