Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Jamie recommends "The Good Wife"

Cover image

Tired of the endless reality shows that seem to populate television over the summer, I decided to try to catch up with a show that is currently airing on TV. I decided to try The Good Wife. I had tried to get into the show when it initially started airing, but I didn’t feel hooked and quickly gave up. I decided that liked all the actors and actresses well enough to give it another try and I’m glad I did. Juliana Margulies plays Alicia Florrick, the wronged wife of a Chicago politician. The first season shows Alicia throwing herself back into being a lawyer at the firm of her old friend Will Gardner. Alicia has now become the rock of the family where she must be a mother and full-time lawyer competing with other associates to get a coveted permanent position at the firm. The cases are interesting and towards the end of the season things really start firing on all cylinders that lay the groundwork for the next season. I’m looking forward to catching up with season two once it is released on DVD, but for now, this was an enjoyable summer diversion from reality TV.

No comments: